Posted on behalf of Harbin & Burnett on May 08, 2018 in General Interest
Congratulations to Anthony "Tony" Harbin for his selection to Super Lawyers.
This marks the fifth year that Tony has received this prestigious honor. Tony's tireless work for his clients and various legal organizations has earned him the respect of his peers and the community. Tony's awards and honors include:
- America's Top 100 Attorneys, 2018
- 2018 The Best Lawyers in America© -Plaintiffs Personal Injury, 2018
- 2017 The Best Lawyers in America - Plaintiffs Personal Injury, The Best Lawyers in America©, The Best Lawyers In America, 2017
- 2016 The Best Lawyers in America - Plaintiffs Personal Injury, The Best Lawyers in America©, 2016
- The Matthew J. Perry Public Service Award, recognizes a lawyer who has made a monumental sacrifice and efforts in public service over the course of their career and made a significant difference in the community, Matthew J. Perry Public Service Award, South Carolina Association for Justice, 2016
- NTLA Top 100 Lawyers, 2007-2017
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale Hubbell
Located in Anderson, South Carolina, Anthony L. Harbin is a co-founder of Harbin & Burnett. With clients in the surrounding area and across the state, he focuses his practice on plaintiff's personal injury and wrongful death litigation. The types of cases that Tony has been involved in have arisen out of truck and other motor vehicle accidents, defective products, and nursing home abuse and neglect. He has been instrumental in obtaining several high-value settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of his clients, and as a result, he is a member of both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Tony has been recognized by his fellow professionals for his high degree of ethics and his successful track record. He has received both an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. In addition, he has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, and he has been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100.
In 1988, Tony graduated cum laude from Clemson University with a Bachelor of Arts in political science. He obtained his legal education from the University of South Carolina School of Law, where he was a member of the South Carolina Law Review and was a legal writing instructor before being awarded his Juris Doctor in 1991. Admitted to practice before all South Carolina state courts, Tony is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States. He is a member of several legal organizations, including the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America and the American Association for Justice.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.