law firm affiliations

If you have been injured, call 1(888)821-0247

Common Mistakes Can Ruin Your Car Accident Lawsuit

Posted on behalf of Harbin & Burnett on Jun 30, 2015 in General Interest

South Carolina Auto Accident LawyersA car accident can disrupt your life and if you've been injured, you are likely to feel frustrated if you have tried to get your problem resolved. When you want your voice heard, you need to speak with an attorney who handles aggressive driving lawsuits.

Our experienced team of legal professionals will work with you to determine who is at fault in your accident and will walk with you through the litigation process to help make sure that you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.

Actions to Avoid

Your personal injury may be the fault of someone else's negligence, but your actions during the investigation process will determine your outcome. When you seek legal assistance for your personal injury you must be aware that the following actions will be carefully assessed to verify if your claim is true:

Careless disclosure of information - While your intentions may be valid, you should avoid speaking with anyone who is not your attorney. Due to the sensitive nature of the incident, you do not want your statements to be taken out of context and used against you at a later date.

Failure to disclose your abilities - Your injury may limit your ability to do some activities, however, you should inform your attorney and healthcare providers about the activities you can perform.

Missing the deadline to file your personal injury claim - You may think that you have a lot of time to submit a claim for your benefits, but the statutes of limitations in the state of South Carolina for personal injury claims is three years.

If you need additional information about how you can increase your chances of receiving the personal injury compensation youre entitled to contact a Harbin & Burnett auto accident lawyer for a free consultation.

Call 1(888)821-0247 or complete the Free Case Evaluation form to speak with a lawyer.

Back to Top