Tips for Motorcycle Safety This Summer
Posted on behalf of Harbin & Burnett on Jun 08, 2015 in General Interest
With summer officially in full swing, motorists are taking to the roads, and not just in cars and trucks.
Summer is motorcycle season and it is the perfect time to head for the open road on your favorite two-wheeled ride. The U.S. News and World Report compiled a few safety reminders from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for those hitting the roads this summer.
As exhilarating as it can be, riding a motorcycle is also an extremely dangerous activity. The small vehicle size and lack of protection provided by motorcycles can lead to devastating injuries and even death.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys have seen the devastation that can result from an accident and we understand the pain of being injured or losing a loved one in this type of crash. If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, call 1(888)821-0247 to discuss your case.
If youre heading out on the road this summer, here are a few tips to help keep you safe.
- Always wear a helmet that is approved by the Department of Transportation. It should fit securely to your head shape and size, protect your face, and have adequate ventilation to keep you cool and prevent your visor from fogging.
- Try to avoid riding in bad weather when slick roads and difficult conditions can make turning and braking more difficult.
- Wear high-visibility protective gear like jackets, pants, boots and gloves to make sure you are visible to other drivers.
- Always follow all safety laws and speed limits.
- Never ride after drinking.
Because motorcyclists often have a difficult time being seen by other motorists on the road, it is important that riders take all precautions they can while driving. But its not a one-way street. All motorists need to be aware of motorcyclists and look twice while driving.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, Harbin & Burnett can help. Our experienced team of auto accident lawyers will work with you to get you the compensation that you deserve.