Defective Product Lawsuits
Has your child been injured by a car seat or another type of defective product? Maybe your loved one was in a car accident and an airbag did not deploy rendering your loved one injured. If either of these instances applies to you or you were hurt by another type of defective product, you can rely on the law firm of Harbin & Burnett LLP to provide you with quality legal advice from their team of defective product lawyers.
Whether the defective product is a faulty prescription drug container that has a design defect and a child takes the medicine and tragically dies or a coffee maker, manufactured with a hairline crack in it, explodes and cause third degree burns, you should talk to a product liability attorney immediately.
Harbin & Burnett LLP is experienced within the South Carolina personal injury industry and we understand the heartache and distress injured victims experience due to defective products. Speaking with a defective products attorney could not only grant you peace of mind, but also give you added reassurance because an experienced, legal professional is handling your case.
For a free review of your claim, call 1 (888) 821-0247.
What is Product Liability?
If you or a loved one has been injured because of a product that was used, you might have a defective product liability claim. However, because it may be tricky to determine whether or not you have a valid claim and preparing a case can be a complicated process, you should contact the defective product lawyers at Harbin & Burnett LLP.
With our combined years of legal experience, we can help you determine if the product defect was a result of a faulty design, poor manufacturing or sheer negligence.
Defective Product Recalls[i]
The following products are actual recalls taken from United States Consumer Product Safety Commission and are examples of the diverse nature of defective products:
- Bernhardt has recalled dressers and nighstands due to a tip-over hazard that can result in death or injuries to children. (date July 12, 2016)
- Urban626 has recalled their electric scooters due to faulty bolt which can crack, posing a fall hazard. (date July 7, 2016)
- Pacific Cycle has recalled their Swivel wheel jogging strollers, as the front wheel can become loose and detach, posing crash and fall hazards. (July 7, 2016)
- Ten separate firms have recalled various models of self-balancing scooters (commonly referred to as hoverboards), due to fire/explosion hazards. (July 6, 2016)
- HP has recalled Notebook batteries for Compaq and HP computers due to overheating, which can cause fire and burn hazards. date (June 23, 2107)
Defective Product Lawsuit Requirements
While the individual case particulars of what you have to prove may vary from state to state, there are typical, standard elements you must prove in order to win a claim. Because you are using the services of defective product lawyers like Harbin & Burnett LLP, you have nothing to worry about. Your legal team will discuss these elements with you and guide you through the litigation process from beginning to end. Here are four standard claim elements:
- Product is defective
- Defect caused your injury
- You were injured or suffered losses
- You were using the product properly
When Can Manufacturers and Sellers of Dangerous Machines, Equipment or Goods be Sued for Negligence?
Every year, thousands of people are injured because of defective products. Often, these people are children. Because you have a right to seek compensation if you or a loved one were injured by a defective product, your legal team at Harbin & Burnett LLP will go over the following circumstances of defective product negligence:
- Failure to discover product design flaws
- Failure to inspect or test a product before putting it on the market
- Creating a flaw in the product
- Breach of warranty
- Failure to install emergency stops or safety cut-offs
- Failure to discover that the product is dangerous
- Failure to guard against injury or unsafe use
- Failure to warn or adequately warn of a risk or other hazard associated with the product
Strict Product Liability
Defective product lawyers can be of great assistance when it comes to strict product liability. With this type of claim, proof of negligence is not necessary. As long as the product is revealed to be defective and unreasonably dangerous, you might be able to recover damages.
Our Promise to You
Harbin & Burnett LLP knows what it takes to help personal injury victims throughout South Carolina because we have dedicated defective product lawyers on staff who do not settle without giving clients and their cases 100%. Because Harbin & Burnett LLP has experience in the area of defective products and personal injury, we are armed with the knowledge to pursue your legal case. Remember, in addition to the standard four claim elements, a products liability claim may be brought against not only the manufacturer of the product, but also the supplier, distributor or retailer of the product as well. This example is another reason why you need an experienced law firm to handle your case.
Schedule Your Defective Product Consultation Today
If you, a family member, or loved one has been injured because of a defective product, call Harbin& Burnett LLP today at 1 (888) 821-0247 to schedule your free, no obligation consultation.
The team of Harbin & Burnett LLP will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Get started today!