Practice Areas: Professional Negligence, Nursing Home Abuse, Medical Malpractice
Ms. Burnett is a trial attorney who concentrates her practice in representing people who have been injured as a result of professional negligence, including nursing home abuse and medical malpractice. She is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and was named a Partner in the firm in 2012.
Ms. Burnett received a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and French in 1996 from the College of Charleston in Charleston, South Carolina. She graduated magna cum laude. She received a Juris Doctor degree in 2001 from the University of South Carolina in Columbia, South Carolina, receiving multiple academic honors and distinctions.
After law school, Ms. Burnett served as a law clerk to the Honorable G. Ross Anderson, Jr. in United States District Court in Anderson, South Carolina. Ms. Burnett began her private practice handling the defense of a variety of claims in both federal and state court, focusing her practice in the defense of nursing home abuse claims. In 2007, Ms. Burnett left her practice to join our firm to represent victims of nursing home abuse and medical malpractice.
Phone: (800) 671-1158
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2013
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2013
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2012
- Best and Brightest 35 and Under, Greenville Magazine, 2006
- American Bar Association Real Property Journal, 1999-2001
- American Association for Justice
- South Carolina Association for Justice
- South Carolina, 2001
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2006
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina, 2001
- Juris Doctor
- College of Charleston, Charleston, South Carolina, U.S.A, 1996
- Bachelor of Science, Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Major: Psychology, Major: French