law firm affiliations

If you have been injured, call 1(888)821-0247

Personal Injury FAQ

personal injury faq lawyers

Each year millions of individuals visit the emergency room seeking medical assistance for unintentional injuries. Although some of these injuries were accidentally self-inflicted, others may be caused by a negligent individual who caused a slip fall incident or motor vehicle accident.

Personal injuries can cause physical, emotional and financial turmoil for victims and their families. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a personal injury in South Carolina, you may be entitled to compensation.

The following are some of the most frequently asked questions in regard to personal injuries. If you still have questions regarding personal injuries, dont hesitate to contact the law firm of Harbin & Burnett at 1 (888)821-0247, or simply fill out the Free Case Evaluation form to your right.

A personal injury is a physical or psychological injury caused by the negligence of another individual or party.

The most common types of personal injury claims are auto accidents, workplace accidents, slip and falls, and defective products that caused injury or illness.

Depending on how the personal injury was caused, the victim may be entitled to compensation for economic damages such as medical bills and lost wages, and non-economic damages such as mental anguish and pain and suffering. If the victims home or other property was damaged, they may be entitled to further compensation.

The individual or party who acted negligently and caused you harm will be held responsible. In some cases it may be just one individual such as a drunk driver; other cases may be more complicated and involve numerous defendants.

Negligence is the failure of an individual or party to act accordingly and use reasonable care. Reasonable care may be defined as the same actions an ordinary or responsible individual would use under the same circumstances. For example, a reasonable individual would choose not drive if they are intoxicated, while a negligent intoxicated driver would drive and put themselves and others in danger.

In South Carolina, victims of a personal injury have up to three years to file a claim.

After an accident occurs, insurance companies will often try to contact a victim to settle the claim as swiftly as possible. Unfortunately, insurance companies have their best interests in mind not yours. Do not sign or agree to anything you are not comfortable with and always contact an experienced personal injury law firm to discuss your legal rights.

No. Many personal injury claims are settled out of court and without the necessity of filing a lawsuit. However, should an injury lawsuit be filed an experienced attorney can help guide you through the process to ensure that you receive the MAXIMUM amount of compensation you deserve.

When you have been injured due to the negligence of another individual, you need experienced attorneys working for you. Harbin & Burnett is a full-service personal injury law firm in Anderson, South Carolina with extensive experience negotiation and litigating.

Contact us today at 1(888)821-0247 and let us fight for your right to fair and just compensation.

If you would prefer to contact us online, fill out the Free Case Evaluation form at the top right hand corner of this page its completely confidential.

Back to Top